To become a fiscally sponsored project or fiscally managed client of Strong City Baltimore, initiatives and organizations must go through our vetting and evaluation process to ensure we can support the work.
What We Look For in Potential Fiscally Sponsored Projects or Fiscally Managed Clients:
- The work is aligned with Strong City’s mission of strengthening neighborhoods and people.
- Ability to clearly articulate the mission, vision, goals, needs, and programming of the project or organization.
- Ability to create an accurate budget and clear fundraising plan.
- Responsive to both email and phone communications.
- Willing and able to learn to use an online accounting systems and fundraising systems.
- Willing to communicate with a Strong City Account Executive regularly about incoming and outgoing revenue, accounting needs, grant applications, media coverage, and high-level programming.
- The capacity to raise at least $5,000 in new revenue each year.
- Awareness of what is going on in your issue and ability to articulate how you are positively contributing.
- Working in an issue area or geographic area that Strong City or its fiscally sponsored clients are not currently heavily involved in.
Our Evaluation Process
The evaluation process typically takes between three and five weeks. Some initiatives use our evaluation process as a time to clarify their goals, programming scope, and funding plan, and may take longer to reach the final decision stage.
Stage 1: Initial Inquiry – Introduce yourself and your initiative or organization to us using the form below.
Stage 2: Evaluation – We send you a set of tailored evaluation questions that will establish a clear picture of your initiative or organization. They will ask about your work’s inception, goals for the year, programming, staffing, fundraising plan and budget. Here is a set of example questions.
Stage 3: Informational Interview – Meet with a member of the staff to talk about your work, needs, support Strong City can offer, and if your project is a good fit for Strong City’s model of fiscal sponsorship.
Stage 4: Follow Up – A time to answer any lingering questions via email or phone.
Stage 5: Final Decision – We present your project to Strong City leadership for approval.
Stage 6: Signing and Orientation – If accepted, attend orientation, meet your Account Executive, and sign paperwork!