Volunteers are at the heart of Strong City Baltimore, indispensable in carrying out our mission. As a volunteer, you will enjoy meaningful work while making a positive impact in your community. Our volunteers range from young children to senior citizens and come not only from nearby neighborhoods but from all over the metropolitan area. You can become a Strong City Baltimore volunteer in the following areas:
- Adult Learning Center: Volunteer as a tutor, classroom assistant, or learner advocate to work with our learners one-on-one to support their educational experience at the ALC. All volunteers will complete a two hour training and orientation.
- Community Schools: Volunteer at either Guilford, Barclay, or Margaret Brent Elementary/Middle School to help students with tutoring, after-school programming, and more. All volunteers must complete an orientation and training, as well as a background check.
- 29th St Community Center: Volunteer with the after-school program, arts, STEM, and other youth programming assistance at the center.
- Development: Help Strong City’s Development department stuff envelopes, sign letters, help with data, social media, and more.
- Neighborhoods Program: Help the Neighborhoods program with door-knocking, flyering, community outreach, and more.
Please use the sign-up form below to apply to become a volunteer at Strong City Baltimore. You will hear from our Volunteer Coordinator within 24-48 hours. If you have any questions or need more detailed information, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 410-261-3519.