BMore Abroad works within Baltimore and the state of Maryland to increase access to study abroad for local students and engage professionals, students, & alumni towards the holistic advancement of the field of education abroad.
- Increase access to study abroad by reducing financial barriers for local students while providing insight as to opportunities and processes that can help them go abroad.
- Increase engagement of Education Abroad professionals, students and alumni in and around Baltimore and throughout the state of Maryland, free of institutional and organizational boundaries to:
- Motivate and inspire EA professions to collaborate and seek innovative solutions to study abroad challenges
- Support local EA professionals in improving education abroad programs and practices in the community and at their institutions
- Provide training and counseling to local stakeholders on entering the EA field and furthering their professional development
- Create programs that allow for local engagement of study abroad alumni and their alma maters — both high school and college.
Strong City Baltimore (EIN # 52-0897806) provides essential administrative and financial support to projects all over the city through fiscal sponsorship, including BMore Abroad. Fiscal sponsorship provides the ability for those projects to receive tax-deductible donations through our 501(c)(3) tax exempt status.