Development and Communications Coordinator
Strong City Baltimore’s (SCB) core mission is to build and strengthen people and neighborhoods. Our mission focus is enhancing the capacity of residents and social change-makers to improve their communities. We believe that Baltimore is made stronger by the work of community-based initiatives and leaders. Through fiscal sponsorship and other capacity-building efforts, we provide financial management and strategic supports that empower grassroots leaders to carry out their vision of community change
- Collaborate with Database Administrator
- Oversight of donor database system
- Responsible for donor stewardship and gift acknowledgement
Annual Campaign & Donor Cultivation
- Support with the implementation of appeals and other fundraising channels
- Support with content creation for appeals
- A focus on increasing the volume of recurring donors and retaining new donors
- Analysis of database for tracking and potential procurement of major gifts
- Research, analysis, outreach, and scheduling of meetings and events between SCB staff and major donors
- Streamlining and restructuring of website such that it is easier to navigate and maintain
- Organization and facilitation of Social Media Squadron, to communicate a clear voice for the organization over multiple channels
- Implementation of new social media outlets
- Content creation for existing and new outlets, in partnership with SCB staff
- Ensuring continuous cohesion, accuracy, and professionalism between all outlets: acknowledgement letters, appeal letters, social media channels, website, event outreach, marketing, etc.
- Data management and planning of ticket sales, with assistance from Development Team
- Implementing of events marketing: website and social media as it relates to events
- Assistance with implementation, and marketing of events
- Develop grant proposals and grant reports
- Research grant opportunities
- Track Grant Activity for the Strong City Core Operations and Programs
- Thank funders appropriately
Other Duties as Assigned
3-5 years of development experience in a non-profit setting preferably in a human services or advocacy agency.
Must be proficient in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with Mailchimp, Microsoft Teams, Adobe Acrobat, Bloomerang, and/or Zoom are all helpful.
Must have access to transportation.
Questions or Ideas?
Contact our staff via phone or email.